Mill 19: Vertical development.
The Mill 19 building is owned and under development by the Regional Industrial Development Corporation (RIDC). It is comprised of three phases - Phase A, B, and C - associated with the three new buildings under the steel framework that will make up a total of 260,000 square feet of new space at Hazelwood Green.
The first building (Phase A) is anticipating a Spring/Summer 2019 opening. The 90,000 sf building will be occupied by Carnegie Mellon University’s Manufacturing Futures Initiative and the Advanced Robotics for Manufacturing (ARM) Institute, and Catalyst Connections. The second building (Phase B) is also under construction. A yet to be announced tenant is anticipated to occupy the building in Fall 2019.
Mill 19 was built circa 1943 by Jones & Laughlin to house munitions production during World War II. Following the war, it became a rolling mill, producing 10” bar steel. In the 1970’s when LTV Steel took control of the building it was then used to store coke oven brick. Mill 19 is approximately 100 feet wide and 1,200 feet long.